Thread: Team Ranking
View Single Post
Old
07-08-2008, 11:50 PM
FlaPanthers7

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jok-AtTheDriveIn-en View Post
I don't know, I have a feeling we're going to be good this year. People are underestimating the fact that Weiss and Horton have been in the league for 4 years now. Booth going into his 3rd. I don't think we're as bad as dead last, and if we hold onto Bouw, our D is top 3 in the conference. Vokoun is also an all-star goalie.

If the kids play like the top line of last season (around Jan-April, Stillman will offer some good even strength and powerplay points, our offense won't be bad.

I think the biggest thing people are forgetting is DeBoer. The media outlets AND fans all around are looking at our roster with JM's system still in mind. We know what this team plays like when they are allowed to take risks offensively. We have speed. There's not a player in our TOP 10 that I can say as even an average skater. Stillman might be the slowest now (but I honestly can't remember if he is a fast skater). And our defense is unbelievably mobile. Ballard and Bouw are two guys who can take the puck up ice. With DeBoer coaching I see them getting more opportunities to rush. Don't forget there's no captain right now. There's a WHOLE new philosophy in the locker room.

It'll be interesting to see how all the players respond this season.
Good point on DeBoer bringing a new system. I still question how the team and D is going to gel into that system (another new system) & how consistent guys like Weiss, Booth & Horts will be going up against opponents' top defensemen night-in-and-out.

FlaPanthers7 is offline   Reply With Quote