View Single Post
Old
07-09-2008, 11:48 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
There are a number of folks who have been posting recently decrying the Rangers' offseason (Radek27, Bleed Ranger Blue, Blackburn2727, etc.). Personally, I am very pleased with the moves so far (and expect one more to clear up the forward glut), but you obviously wanted to see Slats do (or perhaps not do?) something else. So I have a question:

If you don't like the direction the team has taken... exactly what lineup DID you want to see? (Please refrain from goofball responses like trading Hollweg for Gaborik.)
Funny, I was posing the exact same question to those who wanted Jagr run out of town prior to July 1st: "If we dont re-sign Jagr, what do you want Sather to do?" I got very little response, but the overall theme was the team needed to get younger. My point through all of it was that younger does not necessarily mean better...especially in this organization, where the lack of young top 6 forwards is the biggest problem. I dont think we have a player now that can even come close to shouldering the load and abuse Jagr took each and every night from opposing teams top defensemen. In fact, our top 6 is soft as Charmin.

Im obviously happy with the goaltending, as well as the defense (Rozsival and Redden making 11.5 million per between them may be a problem down the road, however). Im happy with the 3rd and 4th lines because we have so many interchangable parts. Its the top 6 forwards that are faulty.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote