WuRtZLeSs

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to WuRtZLeSs Send a message via MSN to WuRtZLeSs
( Schremp: 5'11" || Chipchura: 6'2" )

Arkhipov: 6'3"
Legwand: 6'2"
Zholtok: 6'2"
Johnson: 5'11"

The Predators certainly have the size, however not the grit. Chipchura would provide the grit, Schremp would not. But Schremp, if he is indeed 5'11" - may easily top out at 6'0" or 6'1".

Whichever player ends up getting drafted (Chipchura more likely then Schremp, I'll admit), if the Pred's do draft a center - chances are that paves the way for Johnson's exodus. In the meantime, Johnson is a decent stop gap until a center can be brought up.

NMK - you're absolutely right, the system is the only reason the Preds centers don't have the numbers to back up their level of talent. I've argued that as well in the past, and I should've explained myself above a little better. That is certainly the reason for the Predator's center numbers. And, perhaps Schremp wouldn't fit here because he would be too vocal about being forced to play nothing but defense.. but nonetheless he would a legitimate second line center - and if pans out, could possibly be neck and neck with Legwand for number one center bragging rights.

Chipchura would certainly bring that grit and would no doubt fit into Trotz's system. Chipchura is the safe pick, but I just don't think you can pass on Schremp if he's available there. The upside is just so much higher. Moot point however, as it's highly unlikely he'll be available at 15th.

I can see the logic in drafting someone like Chipchura to fill the need of a gritty centerman who will play perfectly in Trotz's system .. but I just can't convince myself that he would be worth passing over Schremp for.

Sadly, I probably could've said all I've said above in about 3 sentences, but I came off as a blubbering back-tracking fool and ultimately, it would be a shame to waste the typing .. so I'll post it as is anyway.