View Single Post
Old
07-09-2008, 11:23 PM
Radek27

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
There are a number of folks who have been posting recently decrying the Rangers' offseason (Radek27, Bleed Ranger Blue, Blackburn2727, etc.). Personally, I am very pleased with the moves so far (and expect one more to clear up the forward glut), but you obviously wanted to see Slats do (or perhaps not do?) something else. So I have a question:

If you don't like the direction the team has taken... exactly what lineup DID you want to see? (Please refrain from goofball responses like trading Hollweg for Gaborik.)
It started great for me. I loved the Zherdev deal that actually gave us some extra cap room while also giving us two really good players. LOVED the idea of a one two punch of JJ and Zherdev.

To me you let Rozsival walk you can bring back Jags. Obviously the plan was to bring back Mara, at a great price I might add would the top four look much worse with Mara in there instead of Rozy's?

I thought the team was very good last season and didn't think they needed to blow the team up like they did. The team just needed a defensive upgrade (hi Redden) and maybe an upgrade at wing (hi Naslund to replace Straka) and I thought thats where we stop. Blowing the team up, letting go your captain, letting Avery walk, counting on kids who did good last year to step it up even more, it's just too many question marks for me. Law of averages says atleast one of these things go wrong. I'm all for being positive, like I said i'm gonna root for them just as hard as I rooted for the team last year, but at the same time my expectations aren't going to be very hi. The thing that kills me most on here is it's seriously kool aid drinking at times. I mean moves are great before even thinking about the effects it's gonna have. Oh Zherdev scored 60 points last year? Well lets put him on our first line and he will get 90. I mean c'mon he's only 23 so he will get better right? Same for Dubinsky who lost his winger and mentor who by the way happens to be one of the greatest players of all time. Also no one here is Renney, so unless I hear Tom say Drury is being put on wing I don't believe it. Right now he is a center on this team which means Duby is right now 3rd on the depth chart. I think he has too much talent to be on the 3rd line.

And I really hope that Shanny isn't brought back either, if we are going in this different direction he has no spot on this team. Ditto Hollwood.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote