View Single Post
Old
07-10-2008, 04:47 PM
JR#9*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
I don't know what their farm looks like, so it's tough for me to comment beyond next season. If Salvador has a couple more good seasons and is a third pair defenseman when he's 35 and 36, $2.9MM then may not seem all that bad. I understand what you're saying, and don't totally disagree as it's nice to get younger than older, but my main comment was I'm pretty confident they improved for next season. I can't say what Lou has beyond - not sure when contracts expire, who's coming up through the system, etc. He's a pretty smart guy and I don't count him out. He seems to find a way.
don't get me wrong Fltech, I think they improved as well but marginally and at what price?

That is why I am comparing them to the NYR's of the late 90's who just couldn't face that they were a middle of the road team that was average to slightly above average at best but with Lou stating the Devils will "never rebuild" combined with their inability to lure any top end UFA's as well as their nonexistent prospect pool makes for some really rough waters for Lou to navigate.

Next yrs team is deeper up front but still not a Cup contender and their defense has to be one of the absolute worst in the entire east.