View Single Post
Old
07-10-2008, 07:23 PM
Brooklyndevil
82nd Airborne

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
Lou is clearly less hesitent to give long term contracts to riskier players than Sather. Sather turned down long-term contracts to Nylander and Avery, who are risks of wearing down rapidly, and Jagr who is over 35. with the Malakhov, White, and Rolston signings, Lou doesn't mind the risk as much.

the Holik signing, IMO, was a good one, but the Rolston signing is the type I'd prefer the Rangers to avoid.
White was in his late 20's when he resigned. Malahhov and Molginy were mistakes, which Lou has admitted, everyone makes them. And I'm not saying this because he's a Ranger, but I'm serious when I say I rather have Rolston at his age for 4 years than Redden for 6 at his salary. But what do I know, I'm posting here on HF instead of working for an NHL franchise.

As for Bergfors, we aren't just putting him on the top lines. We go by what Lamoriello has stated several times although Jon may think he knows more than Lou, who said that Bergfors is a top two line player and that's where he will play if he makes the team. Now he made the team last season and was hurt in a pre-season game, then hurt himself again in Lowell. He played with two bad shoulders and a bad wrist. Now, we will see what the kid is made of. The Devils also hope to see Corrente and another winger Vrana make the team as well, especially with rumors that Gionta will be moved for a defensemen. We will all see how this pans out for Lou and the Devils in a few months.

Last edited by Brooklyndevil: 07-10-2008 at 07:51 PM.