View Single Post
Old
06-09-2004, 12:30 PM
Gags1288

vCash: 500
The reason that I proposed this trade is because it's clear that Edmonton needs a top 2 center with size and the flyers need a top 2 winger. I believe Smyth has more value and that's why Seidenberg is included in the deal.

The flyers would have absolutely ZERO interest in Smith. The flyers top 6 is set and they'll add depth d-men for the playoffs. The flyers only real need is a scoring winger assuming Leclair and Amonte are gone.

As for Pitkanen, well we're all entitled to our opinion about him. I prefer to look at his first 50 games before he ran out of gas and envision him for the future based on that. He was well above a 30 point pace as a rookie and was very influential in a flyers pp that ranked #1 for much of the season. He showed great creativity, skating ability, and the ability to make a good first pass. He'll get more physical as he matures and I'd take him over any young d-man in the league without hesitation. Watching the guy play every game was truely a pleasure before he ran out of gas, I just hope he's able to avoid injuries for the future.