Thread: Scottie Upshall
View Single Post
Old
06-09-2004, 02:10 PM
Eriks

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Eriks Send a message via AIM to Eriks Send a message via MSN to Eriks Send a message via Yahoo to Eriks
Scottie has had a recurrent injury with a knee this last season. The original injury was one of those "freak" things. Then, in his eagerness to get back to playing, he came back too soon, and reaggrevated it. The second time, he was a little frightened that it was going to shut him down all season, so he was very cautious to avoid reinjuring it. He came back strong after the second rehab stint.

Then, in the playoffs, he took a rather nasty (though from what I hear, clean) knee to knee hit on a collision at center ice. One of those things that happen in hockey every day, except this time, his knee and that of the Chicago player connected and because Scottie had had issues with it all year, he damaged it enough to require surgery.

As I understand it, he has had the surgery already, but I could be wrong with this. When I asked him between games 2 & 3 of the finals, the night before they flew out about his knee, he replied that it was "sore" and that he was dissapointed that he was missing the finals, but very happy to have been a part of the team that got him there.

During the celebration, he was moving pretty well which is a good sign. If he follows his rehab stint religiously over the summer, I think he will be fine come camp. The key will be his attitude, as I have heard that the brass want him here (in Milwaukee) at least a good part of next season to show his knee is healthy.