View Single Post
Old
07-11-2008, 11:48 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wario Lemieux View Post
This is completely ridiculous. I've sat around and endured/enjoyed your pessimism over the last couple of weeks, and I have to admit, I've even agreed with you on a couple of occasions. But, I am willing to bet you ANYTHING, literally, that the Rangers don't finish in the lottery next season. If you want to tell me the team is going to be worse this year than last, fine, I can buy that. But if you honestly believe that a team anchored by Lundqvist, our insanely deep blueline and two very good two-way centers will finish in the bottom 5 of the league, you've lost all credibility as far as I'm concerned.

Lundqvist has had prolonged slumps in each of this 3 seasons here. I love the guy but he needs to be GREAT from the start of the season to the end of the season with no gaps in-between..

Our "insanely" deep blueline has some major questions..

Is Reddens past two seasons part of a major decline or system issues in ottawa?

How well is Rozsival going to play now that he has signed a huge contract AND without Jagr?

Will Girardi keep improving or will the loss of his defense partner hurt him?

Will Staal struggle like some 2nd year players do?

How bad will Kalinin play?

How will Paul Mara (who says he took less money but chances are nobody else wanted him) play this upcoming season?

Also...for a team that is up against the cap the Rangers have ZERO depth incase of injuries...Pock? come on...Potter? is he really ready for the NHL? Beyond that what else do we have that could step in? Sanguinetti? he isn't ready...Sauer? can he play a full season without getting injured?

That's an "insanely" deep defense or an average defense with a lot of questions....it depends on the point of view..

Btw i'm not a pessimist i'm a realist...i don't see three straight playoff births and two first round wins as rock bottom as some of the posters here are trying to spin it..(bu...bu..but they couldn't get past the second round...they had to blow things up!)

I defended Sather like no other 5 years ago...I defended him after the lockout but NO more...Lets call this what it is...the third rebuild in 8 years.....an un-needed rebuild for a team that was a few pieces away from being a true contender...

again this team has no depth and is up against the cap...that's something to be excited about? I don't think so but who am i to judge??

As for losing all credibilty? no offense but i don't care about that....it's a nice dramatic way to end you post but i still feel the way i feel about this team...

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote