View Single Post
Old
07-11-2008, 01:43 PM
Laus723
Future Now

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia Panther
Or Martin is on a really tight budget and he must deal some deadwood, Van Ryn, to add to the roster and no one wants his garbage. Personally, I would rather have kept Monty and not acquired Boynton simply because he is more versatile, a lot cheaper and a good alternative for the second unit power-play. I think with the departure of Jokinen, the Panther main powerplay scorer who also played the point, and Charron, who coached the power-play last season, the productivity of the Cat's PP Unit is a big worry.
Or, it could be that Monty just felt he was better off elsewhere. Accoring to GR, it was nothing personal at all, he just didn't see himself fitting in here. Anyway, it's just one year in Anaheim, perhaps he can be back the following year.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/flapa...nty-mouse.html

Quote:
I've been told he was offered more by Florida, although this wasn't about the money or, from what I've been told, the Panthers. Monty simply looked at the roster and didn't see himself really fitting in. Monty was shuffled around last year, from the checking/energy forward lines to being on the third defensive pairing.