View Single Post
Old
07-11-2008, 04:16 PM
Fictional Realism
Moustache Power

vCash: 894
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitseleh View Post
I think he can play all three forward positions.

I get what you're saying but Gillis has been pretty adamant both that he wants the team to get grittier and that he sees the bottom-six as a group of checkers, which isn't really consistent with plugging Krog into the lineup.
To be fair we've dealt with this a few times. Just because Gillis says he wants to get 'faster' and 'grittier' doesn't mean every player on the roster necessarily embodies those qualities. Krog has decent foot-speed, and is absolutely deadly in the face-off circle. How many times last season did we complain about face-off depth. We now have two elite face-off guys in Johnson and Krog, and an up-and-comer in Kesler. H.Sedin is alright in the circle, and if we sign Sundin we'll most likely be one of the best face-off teams in the league. Again, if you're gonna play a successful puck-possession game (which seems to be popular with Detroits success) you need to win face-offs. And honestly, I don't see a huge amount of grit coming off Pettinger and Pyatt.

I agree you can feasibly keep Pyatt as the winger on the Burrows-Kesler line, and run a fourth line of Krog/Johnson/Hordichuck. The other thing Gillis stresses in every single interview is versatility, and Krog can play any forward position in the bottom six. Honestly, if the team works out the way I see Gillis planning it I highly doubt your 4th line is seeing very much ice-time off the PK anyways.

Fictional Realism is offline   Reply With Quote