View Single Post
Old
07-11-2008, 05:56 PM
MS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Lou View Post
Seriously, the only reason this makes sense is if you're moving Pyatt or Pettinger. It's the only thing that fits in my mind. You aren't convincing ownership to shell-out over $500,000 in gauranteed contract to a guy who is gonna spend 60 games in Manitoba. No way.
If he's the first call-up, he probably only spends 30 games in Manitoba. There's always someone injured.

If he spends half the season in Vancouver, the 'cost' of giving him a one-way deal is $200k, not $500k. Even less if Manitoba has agreed to pick up a larger chunk of his contract. It's not *that* unreasonable.

I'm just speculating, of course. But the thought of moving prototype checking-line wingers so we can play a smallish skill center out-of-position on a checking line is so odd, I have difficulty believing it to be the case.

But I really have no idea. I'm just tossing it out there as something that might make more sense. But I agree it's a bit of a push to sign a guy to a one-way deal with the intention of sticking him in the minors for a large portion of the season.

MS is offline   Reply With Quote