View Single Post
Old
07-12-2008, 11:31 AM
h0ckeyman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
In Dubrovnik. What a spectacularly beautiful city! Having a blast. With a stop to Italys Amalfi Coast before returning to NYC.

Anyway, not crazy about the Naslund signing. But for the contract its a worthwhile gamble, I guess.

I am pretty excited about the direction the team is going - not a complete rebuild but a change in philosophy. Which cant be a bad thing. As a assembled, the Rangers were not going to go any further then they did the previous season(s). They will most likely take a step back next season, but I feel they would have anyway. With Pittsburgh and the emergence of Washington, Philly and Montreal (not to mention the usual suspects New Jersey and Ottawa) the Rangers simply arent good enough, Jagr or no Jagr.

So turn the team over to your main guys, Hank, Drury and Gomez. I respect Renney and his realization that the team has gone as far as it can. The Jagr years were a wonderful surprise. Making the playoffs the previous three seasons is a good accomplishment for this team when you consider where they were. I think what you are going to see is a team like the one coming out of the lockout - one who will have to outwork the other team everynight. And they are going to lean on Hank and their specialty teams.

I remain excited.

Catch up with you guys and gals when I get back in a week.

Im not CRAZY about the naslund signing either but honestly, I would be much more upset if we didn't sign anyone instead.

h0ckeyman is offline   Reply With Quote