Thread: Top Line Centre
View Single Post
Old
07-12-2008, 12:51 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PukkuMikku View Post
If Anisimov makes the club out of camp, that will not be rushing him. That would mean the Rangers obviously would feel he is ready, in that scenario.

Drury can play wing. He is the only top 6 guy on the club who can be switched, and has a history of doing so.

The process adds a young center who is very solid defensively, and it automatically adds a legitimate top line winger.

It is an ideal scenario that would benefit the Rangers more then it could possibly harm them.

There are many instances around the league where basically two centers play on a line, and in some cases one of the top two lines, making that line not only potent offensively, but solid defensively, and gives the coach options on important face offs… see: Detroit Red Wings (Zetterberg & Datsyuk).
A history of doing of playing wing SIX YEARS AGO but that doesn't mean it's the right thing to do now SIX YEARS LATER ON ANOTHER TEAM...Ansimov should domiante the AHL before he earns a callup (which is something Gordie Clark talks about in every interview)...You and I can come up with a 100 guys that played great in camp but once the season started looked overmatched (Dawes two seasons ago for example) why put a young player through that? Training camp isn't the only way to judge where a players development is...Lets look at Anisimov half way through the season...I'd rather be cautious with him and let him develop a little more then try to throw him out there against NHL players when he isn't ready for it...lets be 100% postive he can handle the NHL...rushing guys never leads to good things...it always adds more time to there development..

Lets have him develop the right way not in the NHL on a team that is going to spend the first quater to half way mark trying to find it's identity..

Moving Drury out of the faceoff circle hurts the team...its make no sense to do and frankly you don't move Chris Drury out of postion for an unproven 20 year old.....

The Rangers aren't Detroit..they don't have depth throughout the lineup that they can have the luxary of having two centers on a line in a regular game situation (not when you are leading in the 3rd and want to be cautious in the faceoff circle with two centers on the ice)

So your saying playin Drury in a postion he doesn't want to play and Anisimov losing confidence is worth the risk? ok....i don't think it is and i think your "scenario" here is not very likely to happen...i'm open for all creative ideas but no offense...this is a bad idea that would do more harm then good...

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote