View Single Post
Old
07-12-2008, 03:17 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
He can't go junior, right now he's headed for a second year at Michigan.
Pac could go to junior if he wanted to, as an overager which of course would be very unlikely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mue View Post
Someone with a better understanding of the situation should probably clarify but, because Pacioretty is still in school isn't there 'rules' regarding the process of how he turns pro? That is, I thought it had to be 100% his decision and that the team cannot interfere in the decision - I'm sure it happens in private - but openly admitting that a player should leave school to turn pro would be looked down upon wouldn't it?

Gainey and Timmins could be providing the 'correct' answer to the media but who knows what they are actually saying to Max.

Who knows.
Yes there are rules. NCAA doesn't allow players to have agents, but they can have "advisors" Teams can speak to their advisors on signing a contract so it's a little different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Should a "head and shoulder over his peers" be confronted to better in order to improve?

Honestly, I really don't think he'll improve in Michigan more than he can do in Hamilton. Anyboyd knows his centerman and winger now that Kolarik and Porter are gone? Rust or Caporusso at the center position with Palushaj on the wing? Might be good but will never be as good. Will Pacioretty have to slow down to get those guys going....
I would guess he'll be on a line with Rust and Palushaj. Michigan seems unlikely that they will be able to have the kind of success they had last year, as the top rated team in the NCAA but they still should be good as Michigan St should be a young team, Notre Dame should be good, Miamai should be good but I dont know if they will be able to repeat their success as the #2 team, losing their goalie and top player in Jones.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote