View Single Post
Old
07-13-2008, 07:57 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Drury played wing 6+ years ago. You can't say he's going to just shift right over to the wing with no problems.

I don't think Dubinsky is the type that would be offended if Renney said: "You're top-six material, but we want to keep Dru at center. Would you mind trying out the wing?" I think he'd be absolutely fine with it. Plus, he's extremely young. He might have an easier time adapting to the wing than you think.
Y'know, I've heard this argument a number of times, but the more I think about it, the more I think Drury on the wing makes sense - he and Gomez on the first line (most likely with Zherdev at RW) as the co-leaders of the team...? Based on comments they've made in interviews, I think that both of these guys have bonded and see themselves as the co-leaders bringing the Rangers forward for the next 4+ years. Doing it together on the line that will get the most PT - and introducing Drury's stellar defensive play to balance (what I hope will be) the Gomez/Zherdev risk-taking counterattack sounds REALLY good to me.

BrooklynRangersFan is online now   Reply With Quote