View Single Post
Old
07-13-2008, 08:56 PM
HABitual Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Robert View Post
I don't think I'm going on a limb if I predict that in 2 seasons Markov will still be a top 10 dman in this league...and yet guys with 0 pro experience like Weber and Subban are supposed to push him out? Why are you hoping for our most important blueliners to become expendable? Or have I misread your post.

Bottom pairing guys will be in far greater danger of losing their posts. Bouillon, O'Byrne and Gorges might be expendable if McDonagh, Subban & co. really turn things up, but I see no reason for Hamrlik and Markov to feel threatened in the near future.
If this thread were about the best possible line-up, then I agree with you. However if we are talking about remaining competitive in a cap world and needing to sign guys like Price and S Kostitsyn then somewhere the team will need to compromise. Remember we are talking about 2 summers from now, If we can replace other holes in the line-up, such as at center, then one of them will sadly need to go since they have big contracts, and more importantly have value. Who knows, perhaps trading a top 10 defenseman will get us the top 10 forward we are currently lacking? In two years perhaps Josh Gorges will be good enough to replace Hamrlik? We can't predict player developent but any tme you can get similar play at a fracton of the price it can only be a good thing in a salary cap.

HABitual Fan is offline   Reply With Quote