View Single Post
Old
07-13-2008, 10:01 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I'm aware of the difference.
Why is it assumed that Jagr was going to play great? His decline was even more drastic than Naslunds and he was playing for a team that was bending over backwards to accommodate him.
What does Jagr have to do with Naslund and his contract? Do you really want to compare the two players?

Quote:
Why was Naslund playing on the 2nd line? The same reason Shanny wasn't playing on the same line with Jagr; to spread out the scoring.
Naslund isn't exactly joining a forward group littered with top two line talent...

Quote:
I don't understand how you can keep jumping to the assumption that last years team was a 'deeper' team than last years. You haven't seen the current squad on the ice together yet and already you've determined they're worse-off than last year? The only player that hasn't been 'replaced' is Jagr and he was on a more severe decline than Naslund was.
The Rangers lost Shanny, Jagr, Avery, Straka, and replaced them with Fritsche, Naslund, and Zherdev.....I'm sorry I just don't think we have made an upgrade to the forwards. We added some talent but we also added some question marks as well.....We certainly didn't add MORE talent...

Signing Naslund to a contract with a NMC is a bad move. It handcuffs an organization that has little cap space.....You don't give clauses like that to players like Markus Naslund....he is a veteran on the decline in his career......

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote