View Single Post
Old
07-13-2008, 10:12 PM
NYReign

vCash: 500
The way I see it at the moment, Dubie would be third line center behind Gomer and Drury and if no one moves from today I envision the lines like this (w/ Orr as the primary extra):

Naslund-Gomez-Zherdev
Dawes-Drury-Prucha
Sjostrom-Dubinsky-Callahan
Voros-Betts-Fritsche

Ideally, however, Drury would move to Dubie's wing because I feel Dubie is a better fit in the top 6 then Prucha at this point. The only question I'd have about this is would we be better off having Drury take the face-offs and then switch positions with Dubinsky during the play and is that feasible? The other thing is it kind of leaves Prucha without a spot because I don't see how he fits on the third line to be honest. But I'm not sure how well my Dawes-Drury-Prucha line would work since they don't really have a set up man so I think this might be a better alignment:

Dawes-Gomez-Zherdev
Naslund-Dubinsky-Drury
Sjostrom-Fritsche-Callahan/Prucha
Voros-Betts-Orr/Callahan

I like that alignment better because Dawes works well with Gomer (though that line is painfully small). I guess I could switch Dawes and Naslund in the first scenario but he seems like the best approximate of a set-up guy on that line w/o Dubie. If the second set of lines works out I'd consider dropping Prucha so that Korpikoski's salary could fit on the roster and slot him in at 3rd line LW, moving Sjo down a line and having Voros replace Orr/Prucha as the odd man out (for the record, I hope not to see Hollweg or Rissmiller here on opening night; Hollweg I believe will be gone, but I'm afraid Rissmiller will stick around and the fact that all the Sharks fans were thrilled to get rid of him [http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=530833] and the rumor that we're paying him a million brought me to have a bad feeling about him from the very start unfortunately..)

Thoughts?

NYReign is offline   Reply With Quote