View Single Post
Old
06-10-2004, 02:13 AM
Prucha73

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
Tukonen is ranked so high because he probably makes up for his lack of scoring everywhere else. He will be an NHL player, i just dont think he'll be a high scoring one. At least not in terms of goals, but he can do just about everything else. He can play defense, use his size and set up plays. If he could knock em down like he sets them up, he'd be the third player taken in the draft for sure.

As for Olesz you have to look also at what he did coming into this season and his performance at various tournaments. His biggest problem was consistency. But he was opening some eyes before Phaneuf drilled him during the WJC. He's just got more moves and shots in his arsenal than Tukonen.

I don't see Tukonen as the ugly goal type. That's one reason why i see him more as a center than a RW, because i think a winger needs to score goals. As a center he can play more to his strengths and set them up.
So is he a bigger and stronger version of Saku Koivu? Koivu never scored more than 21 goals in NHL. And in his first season in the Finnish Elite league he also had 3 goals.