View Single Post
Old
06-10-2004, 08:58 AM
Coburnfan05

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan10
My question is why does everyone think Carter will make the team before Richards? Truth of the matter, Richards is the more polished player of the two and is more ready to play a pro game than Carter. While Carter had a coming out party at the WJC, truth of the matter is that Richards was one of THE best in CHL. Hell, several coaches and GMs in the CHL rated Richards ahead of Carter. I'm not saying that Richards will be a better player. If anything, Richards is probably going to be plugged in a checking role in Philadelphia and Carter will get a spot handed to him on a scoring line. I hate to say it, but I think the days of the smaller player coming back to be the dominant player are starting to happen again. I hope we have a little Martin St.Louis in Richards. That wouldn't be too bad......
Not me...I think with some seasoning Richards will be the better of the two. While Carter is a little more flashy, Richards like you said is a little more polished and is very sound defensively at such a young age.