View Single Post
Old
07-14-2008, 03:59 PM
BadKiwi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
"Because of how he played" you assumed I was saying that he was playing bad, you assumed wrong, get over it. He wasn't playing on par with what was needed for the top6, is that really too complicated to understand, and that it doesn't mean he was playing bad, just not good enough for the top 6. You put words into my mouth, next time, before assuming anything, ask me what I meant in a comment if you are unsure or want more detail.
You're saying he was not playing bad yet at the same time he was not playing well enough. Doesn't it ends up being very similar? If an offensive player is not playing well enough to be playing on an offensive line, it doesn't mean he's playing bad? I never pretended you said Lats was our worst player or that he played atrocious. If I misinterpreted something, sorry.

Quote:
No he's wrong, because you are ommiting the part that he said this as if it was Carbo's fault, as if, if Latendresse would've played, the team would've had better results.
I am not saying he's right or defending his opinion. I am saying that he is right that Carbo decided not to play him allot. May it be a right or wrong decision, it still is Carbo's decision.

Quote:
I think last season's results are pretty indicative that he was right about that one, we had a top offense in the league, that's a fact you can't dispute.
I can still come up with the fact that Dandenault played on the first line, it was a mistake. This is where you don't understand my point, someone with superior knowledge CAN make mistakes. Even if his good moves overshadows his bad ones greatly.

Quote:
No that response was a cynism towards his own assertion. Turn on your sarcasm/cynism radar.
Sorry, needed a smiley.

Quote:
And you wouldn't also use the argument that Carbo played the "trap" for the first half of the season, implying that he makes wrong decisions and implying that his decision to not use Lats on the top 6.

He said ""He was stuck on the 3rd and 4th lines with non skill guys all year. There are a lot of things about Carbonneau I can't explain.""

When I pressed him to see if he was actually giving fault to Carbo, by mentioning that Carbo knows a lot more about the situation, he repsonded with this :

""Probably...but this is the guy that played the trap for half the year last year...""

As if it was the most logical choice to put Latendresse on the top 6, hence it was Carbo's fault.
Never said the guy was good at arguing. But you did not put up a much better effort having for only fact the superiority of Carbo.

Quote:
As if all other coaches don't make errors, but that's just the point. Montreal had a leading offense, you can't argue this, so he was right in his choices for the top lines.
Dandenault.

Quote:
I never said that, stop putting words into my mouth. We can have a debate, but to say that Carbo used the trap as to say that he makes bad decisions and relate it to the use of Latendresse is poor debating and arguing.
Yes, it is bad arguing.

Quote:
I think that Jack Adams nomination and Montreal's #1 offense (second for GFPG) speaks of itself in this case, because Lats is supposedly an offensive player and our offense was one of the best.... without Lats on the top6.
Dandenault.