View Single Post
Old
07-15-2008, 04:46 AM
nyr5186

vCash: 500
So many combinations are possible, and I'm sure many will be tried and tinkered with as the season rolls around. It's impossible to say with full certainty which combination will work the best. Every year we see a good amount of surprises. Hell, remember how this time last year the big thing was whether Dubinsky was ready for a 3rd line center role. He ended up centering our top line. Who saw that coming?

With that being said, my ideal lineup would rely on a well-balanced attack. We are not a top-heavy team. We are a team that can only be successful if we focus on team defense first, and spread out our offense amongst four lines (or 3 lines and an energy line). Obviously you also want a good mixture of youth, experience, size, speed, toughness, etc., without compromising the comfort zone of each player. Here's what I came up with...

Dawes - Gomez - Zherdev
Naslund - Dubinsky - Drury
Callahan - Anisimov - Fritsche
Korpikoski - Betts - Rissmiller

Gomez line could kill you with speed and finesse, while the Dubinsky line gets it done by getting dirty. I think Dubinsky and Drury's ability to drive to the net and create space could give Naslund the chances he needs to be successful. I'm hoping Anisimov really turns it on this year, as he definitely has the ability to give us a legit 3rd line scoring threat. This lineup also leaves room for mobility, as guys like Korpikoski, Sjostrom, Voros and Rissmiller have the ability to step up if someone ahead of them falters.

nyr5186 is offline   Reply With Quote