View Single Post
Old
07-15-2008, 05:48 PM
  #121
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,514
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Well if the Habs are his more than probable destination they have laverage so if I were them I would put out an ultimatum to him. You say to him"we're letting a window of two weeks for you to reach a decision and if you have not made any after this, we'll know where we stand and will be able to do the moves we have to to be ready for our next season".
Why put pressure? Why risk this when we have all our time? We won't sign anyone else anyway, albeit maybe a 7th D. Sundin reacts badly to this kind of ultimatum, and I think Gainey has been wise to wait it out and be extra gentle with him.

Goldthorpe is offline