View Single Post
Old
07-15-2008, 07:21 PM
CrossCheck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
im just curious, when did it become necessary to have a big huge behemoth on every line?

I coulda sworn the pens made the finals with crosby, dupuis, and hossa, not exactly any tough guys there, 90% of the top lines in the NHL dont have a big bruising player on it, why do the Rangers suddenly need to have this? weve got plenty of tough nosed players in orr, voros, dubinsky, and callahan. thats enough. you guys are seriously overestimating the importance of being a ruthless murder you hockey club. looking at the lineup, yeah, were soft, but no more so than most hockey clubs out there today.

The game has changed, its time we recognize this.
Where did I say that? I'm talking about grinding in corners, hitting defensmen on forecheck, winning battle in front of the net...

I never related to "tough guy". It's just called balance and even though hockey has change, a balanced line is still always more effective than the sum of its part.

And yes, to use your example, both Crosby and Dupuis can fit this description as opposed to either Gomer, Z or Nazzy...

CrossCheck is offline   Reply With Quote