View Single Post
Old
07-16-2008, 08:09 AM
Kendo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
Considering Dubinsky was our 1st line center last year, how is me voting for him based on potential? That kid can play the game. I'm sorry I don't wanna see a good kid like that get the Manny Malhotra treatment. He has to play and keep playing in big situations with good linemates like he was doing. You guys have wayyyy too big a hard on for Chris Drury.
Since he scored considerably less than two other centers on the team, it seems like you are voting for what Dubinsky could be, not what he is. 25g, 33a versus 14g, 26a. That's how a vote for Dubinsky is a vote for potential, since he clearly did NOT have have a better year than Drury. Again, how is he better?

Besides, 5-10 minutes on the fourth line is the Malhotra treatment, not 15 or so third line minutes. True, the kid can play, but I want him to actually outplay Drury before supplanting him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9darter View Post
Who would have expected Dubinsky to leapfrog Gomez and Drury to the first line last year?
My point is that he did not. Yes, he played with Jagr, but was still clearly our third best center. Again, I like the kid a lot. I just think he slots perfectly behind Gomez and Drury and ahead of Betts (on a Jagr-less team).

If Dubinsky outplays Drury at some point in the year, and we feel the need to shift one of them to wing, I would love to see Anisimov on the third line. Second line may just be going a little too far. Gutsy prediction, though. I like gutsy.

Kendo is offline   Reply With Quote