vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by soldmysoul2rocknroll View Post
Forwards
Gagne - Briere - Knuble
Hartnell - Richards - Lupul
Upshall - Carter - Giroux
Cote - Metro - Asham

extra - Downie (he's a season away from being full time)

Notes - There is no way Giroux doesn't make this team this year, and no way Cote doesn't play a regualar shift, he earned it last year.
Barring a trade, Knuble seems like a likely trade bait for salary reasons but not sure how difficult it would be to move him. In the event he's traded I feel Hartnell should take his place. Upshall moves up and Downie gets more ice-time.

Defence
Timonen - Coburn
Eminger - Jones
Vaananen - Kukkonen

I just don't see Hatcher playing a full-time role, he will most likely be placed on LITR and used for a playoff run.
I'm not to kean on the defence, but reserve judgement until I see the likes of Eminger and Vaananen play consitently.
I love your forward setup. 3 potential first lines there. I may switch knuble and Hartnell, however. I feel Hartnell would do a better job of protecting Briere and Gagne and mucking in the corners.

Your defensive pairings are alright, except i don't see Kukks getting too much time unless there is an injury (not that he doesn't deserve to play). Here's how i see it playing out (and somewhat hope)

Timmonen-Coburn
Eminger-Parent
Vannanen/Kukkonen-Jones/Kukkonen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr View Post
Knuble can not play with Briere. Watching 2-3 games last year clearly shows that.

I would switch him with either Harntell, Giroux or Lupul.

Also, Eminger and Jones are the same player and Kukkonen and Vaananen are basically the same player, should split those two pairings.

Otherwise, I like where you are headed.
Except Eminger has much more upside than Jones. If you pair Eminger with a solid D-man and give him some good coaching (rico anyone?) could wind up being Coburn #2

Richyrich is offline   Reply With Quote