View Single Post
Old
07-16-2008, 06:15 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
I see everyone is hoping aboard his bandwagon, and is pretty much without argument our #1 prospect. My question is where do you think he ranks among all prospects from all the NHL teams who have yet to play an NHL game? is he top 50? 25?

Just curious how the posters on this board rank him compared to other teams prospects...
I don't know, but I wouldn't expect him to be top 20 or so as a guess, imo what makes Pacioretty our top prospect is more about the tools he brings and the kind of game that he plays, that imo will make him more valueable to us since we so sorely lack the type of player he projects to be, whereas if he was with another organization he might not be as highly thought off. I am a huge, huge fan of Pac he has downright impressed the hell out of me this year with the way he played, the mix of size/speed/skill/strength, offensive skills, to go with a very sound physical game and solid in his own end while being a hard working player that keeps his feet moving.

I don't know his upside, as I want to see how his offensive game translates at the next level and since he hasn't really faced a high level of competition until this past season, as he wasn't a standout player in the USHS but did have a big year as a rookie in the USHL at 18 (while guys like McDonagh/Fischer/Wyman/Paquet were seeing time in the NCAA at that age) I think Pacioretty is going to be one of Timmins better picks, I don't expect him to have the flair of the Kostitsyn's but I do think he will be a fan favorite and a very solid player. But we'll see how things continue to go for him and when he goes to the next level, how he adjusts there.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote