Hartnell - Briere - Giroux
Upshall - Carter - Knuble
Cote - Metropolit - Asham

Defense:

Coburn - Vaananen
Timonen - Eminger
Jones - Parent
Kukkonen

I have Downie going back to the AHL to address his skating deficiencies. Once his skating is up to par, he'll be back on the big roster. I also like Gagne on the wing with Richards and Lupul. Lupul proved he can be a banger and Gagne won't have to worry about getting run over. He's also got a playmaker in Richards and Gagne can be used in a more offensive role and not really have to worry about being the defensive conscience on the line.

I love the 2nd line. I'm not a fan of Hartnell, but having him on that line with Giroux and Briere is going to be a lot of fun. I think Giroux really compliments Briere and Hartnell is going to score a ton of garbage goals as a result of the two. Giroux is probably the fastest skater on the line and his defensive presence will allow Briere the room to be creative and not have to worry about missing defensive assignments.

The 3rd line is an interesting mix. You've got Carter and Upshall who are two burners and you've got Knuble, the veteran who's beginning to slow down. He's exactly what Carter and Upshall need because they're so quick to force the play that now, they'll force the play to come to them. I think slowing the game down a bit is what Carter and Upshall need to become better players.

The fourth line is a line that might just surprise people. Cote has really improved his overall game. He'll never be a big producer, but he isn't a liability on the ice. Metropolit is a versatile forward and Asham is a true energy player that can also chuck the knuckles. I don't expect this line to be an offensive line, but I think we can get a good solid 10 minutes a night from this line.

As for the defense, I think Stevens and company start the experiment of splitting up Timonen and Coburn so that they can help get others up to speed. As well, in the case of Coburn, he'll be given more of an opportunity to contribute offensive with Vaananen looking after the defensive side of things. As for Timonen, he becomes a mentor to Eminger, who never had a mentor in Washington. I think Eminger really blossoms and benefits from this. Finally, we find a way to work Parent into the lineup and Kukkonen is our 7th defenseman. As for Hatcher, he's gone no matter what.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote