View Single Post
Old
07-17-2008, 07:40 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by saskhab View Post
You're all crazy. McDonaugh is still better. He's a rare breed of d-man... MaxPac doesn't project well into a dominating player, just a very good complimentary player. McDonaugh has that X-factor to control a game.

I like both prospects, but McDonaugh is the stud.
So what about McDonagh makes you think he's a stud defensemen? What X-factor is it that he has?

btw, there's no need to call people crazy for having opinions that are very close. Some like Pac more some like McDonagh more, both are our top 2 prospects so it's not far fetched that some will like one more then the other, especially when one was the CCHA rookie of the year, after being rookie of the year the previous season w/his USHL team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Wasn't McDonagh ahead of him in the draft and rankings last year? I think some people are putting a lot of stock in an instructional camp.
I don't put ANY stock in a development camp, I stopped going to them because they are kind of boring (plus it's hard to get off work and I live in the states so it's a long drive) I prefer watching them in game action.

As for draft rankings, they don't mean much down the road, that's why you see guys in the NHL that are 7th, 8th, 9th round picks that end up better then many guys taken in the first round. Personally I think people put too much stock in where a player is drafted.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote