View Single Post
Old
07-17-2008, 11:02 AM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I don't see an organization drafting a kid 11th overall and then never using him properly, doesn't make much sense.

Going through all of Sjostrom's goals on NHL.com, it doesn't seem like he's really a finesse player but more of a grinder with a ton of speed. Virtually all of his goals were deflections or rebounds. I still don't see Renney & Co taking a flyer on him as a top-six winger when he hasn't proved himself as such. 3rd line? Absolutely, but 2nd line to start the season is pushing it IMO.

Fritsche - Dubi - Sjostrom, now there's a 3rd line that would cause a ton of trouble for the opposing team.
they may not want to move him up to the second line, however he obviously had the skill when he was drafted....also, like i said the pheonix AHL coach didnt like europeans, so he put him into a defensive role/grinder which he excelled at....he reminds me so much of afinegenov its not funny.....super fast, above average skill, however he has a ton more defensive skill.....i really hope he can get 3rd line minutes either here, or somewhere else as he deserves it...he never complained, he just worked hard

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote