View Single Post
Old
06-11-2004, 09:33 AM
PanMan

vCash: 500
Use Jagr To Trade Up?

well, hey. i'm new to the boards, but not new to being a ranger fan

anyways, you gotta think that jagr has some value now. with washington paying about half his salary, and us possibly paying some more of it, a team could have him for 4M a year or less. that's a pretty good deal if you ask me. and i doubt he'd want to stay here during the rebuilding. he's not the same asset that he was in washington (overpaid so that only we could acquire him). he's affordable now and still has great skill.

i'm going out on a limb here but maybe pitt would be interested in him. think about it. Lemieux just said that if they don't get a new building soon, then their history. he said it's up to the city and the fans and the politicians. what better way to get the city thinking about the pens again than by bringing back a star winger and former fan favourite in Jagr to play alongside mario. Jagr would come at maybe 4M (possibly even less), and mario could take a paycut from his 5M, and they'd essentially have him payed for. i also heard rumours that kovy wants to go back there if they'll take him (otherwise he'd be content in montreal). i don't think that the pens will nab both jagr and kovy, but it's definitely possible that jagr might go there for his new cheap price.

and even if he doesn't go to pitt, i'm sure we could use him to get another Top 10, maybe Keenan will be interested?

but one thing is for certain, we have a great asset in Jagr, and i doubt he wants to stay here, so i think we should use it.

any thoughts?