View Single Post
Old
07-18-2008, 07:41 AM
shnagle

vCash: 500
Logjam at Center: Dubinsky to the wing?

Itís been a while since I posted but I always enjoy dropping in to see what people are talking about. While Iíve seen countless threads discussing the possible line combinations for the upcoming year, I didnít see anything relating to the bigger picture regarding the logjam at the center position.

Everyone seems to agree that Gomez is our #1 center, but after that things seem to get dicey. Iíve seen Drury at center or on the wing and Dubinsky as our #2 or #3 center depending on where Drury is slotted. However, seeing as Gomez, Drury and Dubinsky will be on the team for the next several years and with Anisimov a year away(at the most) it seems we have 4 viable centers for the top 3 spots.

Someothing has to give and someone will be on the wing in the near future. My personal opinion is that Anisimov will be the third line center next year and with Gomez as the #1, it comes down to Drury and Dubinsky. While Iíve seen several people calling for Drury to move to the wing Iím wondering if Dubinsky might not be a better long term fit as a power forward on the wing on a line centered by Drury. I think Dubinsky belongs in the top six and moving him to the wing would solve the lack of size that Iíve seen on several of the proposed line combinations.

A couple of questions for those with far more hockey knowledge than myself. Has Dubinsky ever played wing in the past? Do you think his skill set can translate into the power forward we seem to be lacking? Would it cause irreparable harm to his development to make this move and if so how do you see the Dubinsky/Drury problem playing out next year when Anisimov is part of the team?

shnagle is offline   Reply With Quote