Thread: RJ Umberger
View Single Post
Old
06-11-2004, 11:54 AM
True Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
Despite the il conceived notions of some posters the rangers don't have top end talent. jessiman dawes balej jonasen walsh roche are not going to make it as checking players they are going to make it on the top two lines. some people seem to forget that but oh well.
Balej is a top-end talent. No doubt about it. Jessiman is a talent as well, but is a MAJOR PROJECT, who can equally end up being Putty Toms, Glen Murray, or a less meaner version of Guerrin/Bertuzzi.
As for the rest? Dawes has major size issues. It is one thing to light up juniors and another to score in the NHL. While yes, he will not be a checker, his ability to play on the top 2 lines at the NHL level is not definite and is in question. I certainly hope that he makes it, but as I have been saying, there is a reason that there is only one St. Louis and one Gointa in the league. Jonasen is not a top line talent. At best, the kid can hope to be a Holmstrom-type player. I do not count Roche as a top-end talent either. To be honest, I don't know enough about Mike Walsh, but he does not appear to generate any buzz and is pretty far removed from being a blip on most scouts horizonzs.
So, in summary, the Rangers have 2 prospects who have top-end potential (not counting Lundmark), Balej & Jessiman. And of the 2, one appears to be a major project.