View Single Post
Old
06-11-2004, 04:01 PM
John Flyers Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=1819930

"To me it just looks like Bettman doesn't want to start unless he gets everything he wants," Sakic told reporters. "So I don't expect hockey. We all hope [a new collective bargaining agreement] gets done, but to be realistic, I don't see it happening right now."

Pretty much the same feeling I have. As I said before, it's like Bettman is intent on cancelling the season just to prove a point. BTW, for those that said that Bettman's cap is going to be in the mid $30's range. Guess again. I just read that the cap number that he has promised to the owners is a hard cap of $31m. We may very well not only not see hockey this year, but maybe next year as well. Kiss the NHL buh-bye in the USA.
Right now all the talk is just rhetoric.

Owners and Bettman saying we're never backing down ... hard cap $12 million blah blah, blah

Goodenow and the players ... we'll never accepting anything other than the status quo ... it's the owners own fault their in this mess, blah, blah, blah

The two sides have to talk tough now, it's all part of the game ... niether side will give in ....... and in the end both sides will give.