Thread: RJ Umberger
View Single Post
Old
06-11-2004, 04:39 PM
Prucha73

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
Balej is a top-end talent. No doubt about it. Jessiman is a talent as well, but is a MAJOR PROJECT, who can equally end up being Putty Toms, Glen Murray, or a less meaner version of Guerrin/Bertuzzi.
As for the rest? Dawes has major size issues. It is one thing to light up juniors and another to score in the NHL. While yes, he will not be a checker, his ability to play on the top 2 lines at the NHL level is not definite and is in question. I certainly hope that he makes it, but as I have been saying, there is a reason that there is only one St. Louis and one Gointa in the league. Jonasen is not a top line talent. At best, the kid can hope to be a Holmstrom-type player. I do not count Roche as a top-end talent either. To be honest, I don't know enough about Mike Walsh, but he does not appear to generate any buzz and is pretty far removed from being a blip on most scouts horizonzs.
So, in summary, the Rangers have 2 prospects who have top-end potential (not counting Lundmark), Balej & Jessiman. And of the 2, one appears to be a major project.
Prucha, Immonen? Plus whoever we draft this year.