View Single Post
Old
07-20-2008, 09:24 PM
Fletch

vCash: 500
Brooks gets his job done...

but his job is to report and analyze. He can only go on information that's in front of him, or he believes to be true. If the season started today, I think I'd be scratching my head also. But it's not starting today and it's not really time to scratch my head. Should Brooks stop writing until October? Don't fault him for writing articles about a team with many questions at this point.

Summer's not over yet. The season hasn't yet begun. This is not a finished product by any means (or at least I don't think it is). We can criticize moves to this point, or we can applaud them, but of course each move was made because it was the move available, and hopefully it fits into an overall plan. Perhaps that plan means rationalize some positions - getting rid of dead wood and redundant players at some point. When criticizing, or applauding, keep that in mind. This team is a work in progress. It has been significantly overhauled, which makes it very difficult for early season success unless everything goes right. This will be an interesting board in November when the team gets off to a slow start because there's little continuity from last season, which is inevitable. Can't wait. Actually, with more 90+ degree days, I really can't wait.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote