View Single Post
Old
07-20-2008, 09:29 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
I hadn't realized the depth and history of this board until you guys went into all these yarns about posters gone by the wayside and old war stories about arguments long dead. I'm impressed...
The roots of this community go back 10 years to the NY GameDay and Rivals boards, with a couple of members like Fletch and SBOB coming from the Slam! boards. Brooklyn Ranger, Davisian, and in the latter stages, TB,PLD and (I believe) Bluenote13, were on those boards. When Rivals folded, and HF had just become a message board, we all sort of took root here. Others, such as Larry Melnyk and even JO41, have their roots in the RFC Graffiti Wall. And, some stragglers like Inferno272, have popped in from ECSF, which itself has gone through its own share of permutation. Some long time members such as Laches, Leetchie and MooseMessier have drifted off, and some, like Edge, Jonathan, Draft Guru all got their start as writers here. I'm sure there members that I've inadvertently left out, and i apologize for the oversight.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote