View Single Post
Old
07-21-2008, 08:52 PM
BadHabit

vCash: 500
Lats is a career 3rd liner in the NHL. His skating is not refined enough, he's too slow in the new NHL and he's just not physical enough either. He has ok skills, but in order to really bring them out you'd have to park him in front of the net on the top line, and that's just a waste of space when you could have someone truly talented on the line instead.

I had great hopes for the guy, I kid you not. I saw many Q games where he was a dominant force on the ice, but sadly that has not translated into his NHL game. People say he is young, but that doesn't change the fact that his progress has been very slow in the 2 seasons he's played with the club. If we see another year of the same Guillaume like I believe we will, that will be the end of his development as far as his skills go.

Do I like the guy? In his proper place, yes. On the 3rd line I think he's a great fit. On the PP unit or the first 2 lines, no I don't. And just for the record, there's nothing wrong with being a 3rd liner. All teams need at least 3 of them.

BadHabit is offline   Reply With Quote