Thread: Speculation: Danny Markov To La?
View Single Post
Old
07-21-2008, 08:51 PM
Brickwall

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
Plan #2 couldn't be named any better. I guess I'm confused because I was under the impression the Kings had been re-building since Dave Taylor took over in the late 90's. He got fired because he tried to mix and match. Then Lombardi came in, called Taylor an idiot at the draft, referred to LA as the black hole and a new 5 year plan (or 10 year plan if you can add) began. Now we're being told this #2 plan is now in effect, the team is gutted and we're going with youth-and Michael Handzus? My question is was this plan implemented before or after the cut off date for season ticket holders to send in their deposits? And how does adding Danny Markov fit into plan #2, he's not a mentor and he's certainly not young?
Under Taylor they were still under plan #3. In the attempt to please everyone we failed to make any progress so finally we have moved to plan #2. Handzus is exactly the problem you run into with plan #3 and also how a team gets handcuffed with a long term contract they no longer want. I don't know the exact date of the announcement of plan #2 but you can check it out on LGK or ask some of the STH's on this board. Markov is an example of what many have talked about earlier of how the Kings will reach the cap floor. As to Markov's other attributes you would have to ask Deano what he sees in Markov.

Brickwall is offline   Reply With Quote