View Single Post
Old
07-22-2008, 12:05 PM
BklyNYR4Life

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
and I think it was all reactionary b/c Sather never dreamed that neither Gomez nor Drury wouldn't mesh well w/ jagr. he is now paying for his gross miscalculation and scrambling to cover it up w/ other signings and trades.
it's not covering up, or scrambling. entering last season, of course there were concerns with how Gomez or Drury would mesh with Jagr. But I don't think anyone would have imagined that it would have reached the point that almost the entire forward lineup would have to be juggled to appease one player. that in itself is the problem in a nutshell, making every other forward spot possibly, maybe, hopefully work, all working around one player. Slats knew what he was doing when he brought in Drury and Gomez. he knew that Jagr would be gone sooner or later, and this team would benefit, and become better by being a team by addressing the problem sooner rather than later and bringing in two guys who could be cogs in the middle. now slats focused on complimentary players to play with them. would the better move have been to bring in yet another center, and hope Jagr likes him? no. Drury and Gomez were brought in the be the centerpieces of the team, and that is the transition that is happening. I don't understand people's issue with that.

BklyNYR4Life is offline   Reply With Quote