View Single Post
Old
07-22-2008, 01:42 PM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
I'm not sure you can compare Gomez's and Jagr's point totals. One was the focal point of other teams' defense and the other was behind the focal point. Sure, a top line forward should have more points than a second line winger. But the top line winger's job is tougher. Second, Jagr did play 15 games with Marcel Hossa - that's a crutch if I ever saw one. Fault Jagr a bit for not being as dominant as he was in the prior season to make Marcel look like Marian, but at the same time, even the best of players need their linemates to finish their opportunities to get points.
i understand that jagr played against tougher opposition sometimes....however gomez played with shanahan most of the season....thats a HUGE crutch......i just dont understand people saying jagr(at 37) is a lot better than gomez right now....i would take gomez as he is the more complete player....can jagr be more dominant?....absolutely....can he withstand the 82 game season and then play at a high level in the playoffs?.....no......and he basically said so when he said he was holding back during the season

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote