View Single Post
Old
06-12-2004, 03:35 PM
Russian Fan

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Russian Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanic39
This may be the funniest thing I've read in a loooooooong time. "He don't seems very bright."

Nice.

St. Louis has more class than 99% of the guys in the league. What part of him don't you like? The story of him making it? His almost over the top humility? The fact all he ever wants to talk about is his little boy when asked about his great year? He never refuses an autograph? He spent the first 3 minutes of his Hart acceptance speech congratulating Iginla? He wins the Pearson and admits it doesn't mean he's the best player in the league? Not bright? He's a freakin' college graduate (as are most of us, but not many of the players) and understands the game so well he's able to use that to help overcome his size. St. Louis is the most self-less, humble, hard-working player you could meet. Pose your statement to anyone - fans and coaches and teammates to anyone that's every been around him and see what their reaction is. After they get up off the floor laughing they may give you an answer.

Is it because his team beat out the Habs? Understandable, but rather blind homerish. I still think the Habs have the best fans in the league after the TB-MTL match-up, but let's not get silly here.

Maybe if he had the class of Ribeiro he'd be more admired. HA!

Did you ever think he was yelling because the crowd in Calgary was so loud? I watched him in training camp in September going out of his way helping the rookies and prospects with their games.

Tortorella yelled over the noise to congratulate Lecavalier earlier in the year and CBC ran the clip and said "the two are at it again." Silly.
Well said

people judge players over interviews & if the guy is not comfortable with the media he can perceive the wrong way.