View Single Post
Old
07-23-2008, 08:35 AM
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Does anyone have any news on David Kveton, particularly where he'll be playing this season? He potted ten goals in 28 games in the Czech Extraliga, which is very good for a kid that was 19 all season. He also bagged five assists, and if I remember, they don't award secondary assists in the Extraliga.

He's always been a guy that I was interested in, since post-draft scouting reports seemed to indicate good offensive upside.
This is from Jess Rubenstein over at Prospect Park:

Quote:
The sad news according to Steve Zipay of Newsday is that David Kveton will be returning to the Czech Republic and that in our eyes is a major shame. In this case the blame is not on the Rangers who gave Kveton 2 more attempts to try to earn a Ranger contract more than he should have.

Kveton will most likely play hockey in Europe and perhaps make a decent living at it but because of some really bad advice is not going to develop into the player he should have been. In our eyes Kveton had all the potential to become a huge playmaker in the NHL had he stayed in North America.

Instead whoever was whispering in his ear that he was going to get more playing time in the Czech Republic while playing against a higher level of competition was wrong. Had Kveton remained in North America, he would have gotten to play on an QMJHL championship team while playing against the best teams of his age group.

Nothing angers and frustrates us more than to see a talented prospect be wasted like this.

The bigger shame is that we are sure someone will blame the Rangers here and that is so very far from the truth.
I think we still retain his rights, but like Ivan Baranka, he may be a lost cause.