Old
07-23-2008, 04:30 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by danaluvsthekings View Post
I still don't see LA picking him up on waivers.

The Kings say they won't have problems reaching the floor once all their RFAs are signed. Defense is an area of bigger priority right now. The Kings want their young forwards to get a lot of ice time. I don't see them picking up forwards that would prevent them from giving guys like Purcell, Boyle, Moulson and perhaps longshots to make the team in Moller or Simmonds the ice time they want them to get. Kings management seems to be ok with the fact that they're likely going to be pretty bad next season. If they think Purcell has the potential to be a top 6 winger, they're not going to hold him back for another year so they can play Glen Murray.

If the Bruins wanted to trade Murray to LA and they gave him something to make it worth LA's while to pick him up, that might be a different story.

I'd be more surprised if the Kings claimed Murray on waivers than if they didn't claim him.
You also can't just feed guys to the wolves. And with injuries and such, they'll all get their ice time.

They still need some sort of veteran presence to take it on the chin with them at the very least. He'll also get ice time and with a decent season, can then possibly be moved at the deadline. I think the Kings getting Murray would be a good move.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote