Old
07-24-2008, 09:25 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
honestly, i would rather him throw a temper tantrum. it shows heart, and that he wants to be in the situations. I was actually proud of Reyes wanting to play so badly. I did not think it was immature. Some of the greates players to ever play the game flipped on their managers for sitting them, or taking them out and it was ok years ago. Now it's immature. I for one would love a team in which every player is pissed off for being taken out of a game, or not playing in a game. It just shows that you want it. It's like the players back in the golden ages of baseball who short of getting shot you weren't taking them off the field. Today's players are overpaid little prisses that if they have a blister go on the 15 day DL. some players played w/ broken bones in their hands, or cracked ribs. it's sports, suck it up and play.

about the Hispanic thing... on this Mets team we do have lazy hispanics. Beltran, Delgado, Santana, Castillo are all lazy, complacent players just soaking up there paychecks. Now I have seen lazy complacent white, and black players, but on this particular team it seems that all the lazy players are of Hispanic descent. some of the hardest workers are also of Hispanic descent in Reyes, Chavez, Castro so it definately goes both ways.
Thanks for clarifying on the Hispanic thing. On the heart/desire thing, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote