View Single Post
Old
07-24-2008, 01:31 PM
Erika

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH4THECUP View Post
That is so much of a bad argument.... Do you know Madden?, Draper?

You don't need to put 60 pts to be an effective shut down center

mediocre 3rd or 4th line... wow how can you say that at this point of his development!

A winning team is not a team with 12 offensive fowards... you'll always need a shut down line to prevent dammages made by guys like ovy, crosby or Kovalchuk.... And Chip could very well be the centerpiece of that line for many years to come...

I don't believe in this defensive system... I don't want a defensive center as our 3rd line. 4th line okay, but not on the 3rd. I want a team that can roll 3 offensive lines and sorry, but Chipchura doesn't fill that description to be this 3rd line center... The guy IS NOTHING SPECIAL !! Being a good leader and can play defense doesn't make you a 1st rounder !!

Also, the fact that he was a 1st rounder makes me grudge even more, because I just can't support this kind of player going in the fist round. If only he was a kind of pest, play an aggressive physical style and hit like crazy or something, but he is nothing like that. If he was a 2nd or 3rd rounder it would have been alright... the fact that there was much better player available makes me frustrates everytime I hear his name.

Kyle Chipchura = Below average risk, Low Potential =/ 1st rounder in my opinion.

And stop with the "Ohh he is a surefire NHL and future captain" thing, because he hasn't proved anything yet...

Last edited by Beakermania*: 07-24-2008 at 06:43 PM.
Erika is offline   Reply With Quote