View Single Post
Old
07-24-2008, 02:26 PM
The Fuhr*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Kostitsyn View Post
I don't believe in this defensive system... I don't want a defensive center as our 3rd line. 4th line okay, but not on the 3rd. I want a team that can roll 3 offensive lines and sorry, but Chipchura doesn't fill that description to be this 3rd line center... The guy IS NOTHING SPECIAL !! Being a good leader and can play defense doesn't make you a 1st rounder !!

Also, the fact that he was a 1st rounder makes me grudge even more, because I just can't support this kind of player going in the fist round. If only he was a kind of pest, play an aggressive physical style and hit like crazy or something, but he is nothing like that. If he was a 2nd or 3rd rounder it would have been alright... the fact that there was much better player available makes me frustrates everytime I hear his name.

Kyle Chipchura = Below average risk, Low Potential =/ 1st rounder in my opinion.

And stop with the "Ohh he is a surefire NHL and future captain" thing, because he hasn't proved anything yet...
In 36 games this past season he had 24 takeaways and 18 blocked shots.

He is a cornerstone piece of a shutdown line.
Your looking at 12:00ES minutes per game against the opponents best line and 3-4SH anchoring the top PK unit.
He will be a 50-60 takeaway type player with 40-50 blocked shots.
He will have enough offense to produce 10-15 goals and 30-40 points to go along with that defensive game.

You may not be able to understand what kind of value this type of player brings but this is the type of guy who is instrumental in winning cups. I watched him dominate on way to Hamilton winning the Calder cup, second best player on the ice behind Price.

There is more to hockey then putting up flashy offensive numbers.

The Fuhr* is offline   Reply With Quote