View Single Post
Old
07-25-2008, 08:29 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
You all missed my point completely. Petr Nedved put up big numbers, but as we learned here the hard way, he was not a #1 center. I just never been a fan of these pass first type of centers, I wasn't a fan of Nylander either, of Cam Janssens, or Adam Oates. I like a guy who is atleast a threat to shoot the puck. How many times did Nylander make you wanna throw a beer through the TV when he passes up a shot right in front of the goalie to pass to a guy who is covered?
I didn't miss your point, I know exactly what you're saying, and I agree with you to an extent. It'd be nice to have a center like Malkin on this team, but we don't have it right now. Gomez is a very good center. He's fast, has great vision, is good on face-offs and backchecks hard. He'll never be a goal scorer, but put the right wingers on his line and he has the talent to be an 85+ point guy.

Quote:
On Zherdev I'm a gotta see it to believe it kinda guy. There is a very good chance he can come in here and light it up making us think letting Jagr go was a great move, but there is the same chance he can struggle and bounce from line to line. How do you know he and Gomez find chemistry? We thought Gomez/Jagr woulda worked but it didn't.
Well I was simply stating that he is good enough to be a first liner. However, I don't think he'll mesh with Gomez. Even Ken Hitchcock said that Zherdev thinks like a playmaker more than a goal scorer. Naslund is a good shooter and should play with Gomez. Zherdev should be bumped to the second line so he has some time to develop and provide some vision for Drury and whoever else is on that line.

Frankly I'd even go as far as to say it would benefit the team if Zherdev and Gomez didn't mesh. It's a valid reason to spread out the scoring. We don't have the second line depth to overload our top line with Naslund, Gomez and Zherdev.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote