View Single Post
Old
06-13-2004, 03:42 PM
tinyzombies

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
I think it's the other way around. I don't see too many making the big club out of camp, but Higgins, Plekanec, Beauchemin should see some time as the season goes on, but it's just a guess for now. There might not even be a training camp, as the NHL may lock players out of camp which would suck.

Hossa and Hainsey I think will get a shot at the start of the season, after that it's up to them to prove they belong.

I just hope one of the prospects can land the 2nd line LW spot, cause I don't want to see Dags there.
Apparently there are some questions about the work ethic of Hossa, Hainsey and Perezhogin (the same old questions for Hossa and Hainsey). They will have to work their ***** off this summer and in camp. They could still make the team, but would see significant pressbox time if they don't work. Maybe they think they're being unfairly treated? In that case, I have some tapes to show them.

Higgins could easily make the team on the 3rd or 4th line. He didn't look out of place in his audition and was clearly a better player than Plekanec during the rookie camp in 2002. I don't know how they compared in Hamilton, I think they had a similar number of points, but numbers aren't everything. Plekanec looked soft every time I've seen him and Higgins looked like a young Peca. I would lean towards Higgins here, unless they have bigger plans for him and want him to get more time on an offensive line in Hamilton.

Beauchemin is not better than Bouillon and not nearly as talented as Hainsey. He gets a lot of rave reviews for anchoring the defense in Hamilton last year though. In the two games I saw him play, he looked like an undersized guy who reads plays poorly and isn't a good enough skater to make up for it.

Kastitsyn, I assume, will need at least a year in Hamilton unless he just outright wins a job. But there's no rush. From what I understand his problem in Russia is with the coach, so maybe he is ready to take it to the next level and they're just holding him back in Russia because that's what they do with guys who are headed to the NHL. I think he made a bad choice not coming to North America last year.

Who else?

Milroy could be this year's Ryder, but I wouldn't hold my breath. He reminds me of Jason Ward in that he has nice hands and some spunk, but no feet.

There could be plenty of job openings if we have injuries as well and there's no guaranteeing Ryder or even Ribeiro will be able to duplicate last year. Or even Komisarek for that matter.